Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halfway Point!

We are officially halfway done!  Yay!  So exciting but yet soooo discouraging too.  The past 3 months have been long and hard and I have to do it all over again for the next 3 months.  I'm trying to stay positive.  Time does go by.  Right now I'm just looking forward to friday night.  It's Halloween and the boys and I are staying home.  L is sick :( poor guy!  He is not sleeping so the nights have been miserable and I'm exhausted but thankfully theres coffee!  hahaha  Lets just say I have had more than my usual 1 cup a day this week.  Ok, I take that back......I've had more than my usual 1 cup a day since day 1 of the academy!  I keep reminding myself that I only have to be a single parent for 3 more months and then never, never again!  I am such a better person and mom with Josh by my side.  I definitely need him!  So far this week he is hanging in there.  Range is still not easy as hes trying his best to figure it out.  He's not too worried and keeps reminding me not to worry.  The good news is his prescription sunglasses came in so he will have them for next week.  We are not sure how much they will really help because his eye sight isn't that bad and thats not really the problem but it couldnt hurt to have corrected 20-20 and a crisp picture of the target.  It might make it a little easier for him to adjust....who knows.....but it's worth a shot!  He has two more weeks to practice before they get tested out at the range so please continue the prayers. 
The CHP website has been better with staying pretty close to up to date pics and blog on what the cadets are learning/doing.  It's fun to look at.  Just go to the CHP website and click on life at the academy.  Josh's class is ctc iii-12.  :)  New pics just got posted today. 
So heres to the start of the last half of the academy.  Praying that the months/weeks/days fly by quickly for the boys, myself and of course for Josh and the other cadets! 

With Love,
Trina

No comments:

Post a Comment