Monday, November 19, 2012

Week 16

Week 16 here we go!  Only 11 more!  I am so thankful that week 15 is over and we will never have to go through it again.  Last week was by far the most difficult for Josh and definitely the most difficult for me at home.  If you read my blog from last week you know why.  I was pretty much an emotional wreck all week and basically was running on survival mode.  Josh was the same.  He came home with bruises on his face, a black eye and a busted lip.  They practiced boxing last week. Good times!  He later found out the cadet he went up against used to do kick boxing for fun! The not so good news from last week is Josh did not pass the pistol certification out at the range. If you've been keeping up with my blog you know already that range has been the biggest challenge for him so far.  He will be given one last chance to try again in a few weeks.  We are not exactly sure when yet.  Please be praying for him.  The good news is he passed rifle and shotgun!  It's a scary position to be in when you dont pass something the first time and you only have one last chance to try again.  There is a lot of added pressure and stress.  I believe in him though and I know he is going to pass the next time.  He has a great attitude about it.  Bottom line though it's not in our control anyway so why worry!?  Right?  (I have to keep reminding myself that)  :) I am so excited that this week is a short week because of Thanksgiving.  Josh will be home wed night and he doesnt have to go back until Sunday!  I'm hoping the 4 days go by extremely slow because it will be the last time he can come home for a while.  I'm not too sure when he will be home again if at all until Christmas.  :( I dont want to think about it too much because I dont know how I'm going to do it yet.  It is hard enough saying goodbye for a week.  Saying goodbye for 2 possibly 3 weeks doesnt seem duable.  I continue to say that things never slow down for the cadets and I can say it again this week.  The pace at the academy is crazy.  It's funny because before starting you can talk to people and they tell you how difficult it is but you dont really get it until you live it.  The same goes for me.  I can somewhat feel for him but only he and the others there can really comprehend what it is like.  All I can do is continue to pray for him and rest assure that the Lord is taking care of him.  He went through a lot last week both physically and mentally but he never gave up and I know he will continue to persevere through until the end.  He is determined and I am right here cheering him on.  His strength and willingness to sacrifice so much continues to amaze me.  I am so blessed to have such a hard working husband who truly cares.  Only 2 more nights and he will be home.  The boys and I cant wait.  S is so excited to see so many "smile face" days on his calendar in a row!    The days continue to come and go.  Not fast enough but at least they are going by.  S's favorite movie quote from Meet the Robinson's, "Keep moving forward!"  :)

With Love,
Trina

No comments:

Post a Comment