Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Halfway through week 2

We are halfway through week 2!  Yay!  The week has gone by pretty fast for us.  Mon night I went to MOPS registration and it was filled with lots of laughs and great fellowship.  I am soooo looking forward to this year.  Josh called while I was there and sounded not so good.  He was exhausted both mentally and physically.  Phone calls like that are difficult to handle because all I really want to do is break down and cry and tell him I'm so sorry but instead I take a deep breath tell him I am so proud of him and remind him he can do it!  I reassure him we are doing great and S just thinks his dad is the coolest man ever!!!!!  I agree with S!  :)  It def helped getting a phone call like that when I was surrounded by amazing women of Faith.  Thank you girls for everyone who prayed for Josh.  Last night when he called he was high spirited and back to his normal self.  If there is a such thing as "normal" up there. 

Yesterday was a great day for us.  The boys and I had a fun day with Grammie at the water park, panara for lunch.....YUM and tumble-tap class for S.  After that the boys and I ate a fabulous home cooked meal thanks to some amazing friends, Gary and Vanessa!!!  I even got to take left overs home!  Such a treat.  Ive discovered that I do not cook for just me and the boys.  We have had lots of pb&j, mac n cheese and pb&h (honey).  So thank you again Vanessa for the "real" food.  :)  

Great news!  Josh passed his first test!   Yay!!!  He is doing great even if he doesn't feel like he is always.  Everyday we are closer and closer to graduation day which is very exciting.  Last week was so much harder than this week so that is encouraging.  I feel like I have a lot more control of my emotions this week.  Thank you Lord for giving me the strength!  I'm looking forward to hearing Josh's voice again tonight praying he has a good day!   

With Love,
Trina  

2 comments:

  1. 2nd Timothy 1:7 For God did not give us a spirit of timidty but a spirit of power of love and self discipline

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to hear that Josh passed his first test! I'm sure there are hard times when he just "doubts" everything, but hopefully this good news will lift him up! Keeping you all in my prayers.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete